Gina's blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Probing

Today we learned how to probe. Very exciting. It's much easier than exploring, and because we have been exploring I feel more comfortable just starting right into probing. Celeste was my patient and she had very shallow sulci, so I think it will be good to get another patient that has larger probing depths. Professor Costley came over as I was probing, she always makes me nervous, but she also really helps by giving tips and showing me how to get a better angle or grasp or whatever I need. She always seems to make her way over here when I have my patient in the chair, but I'm glad because I think I learn a lot more when someone is watching and critiqueing. If noone was there to watch I may think I'm doing it correctly when I'm really not. Also our TA Jenny showed us how to chart which was really nice because I've been looking at the sheet wondering how the heck I'm supposed to write everything down. I guess we'll be learning that next week, but it was good to get a head start.

1 Comments:

Blogger Celeste said...

Gina,
your blog made me laugh. I think it's funny that Mrs. Costley seems to wander over as soon as you start working on a patient. I am so excited for Halloween. I think that our idea is most excellent.
I love having you in my pod. You are super sweet and understanding. I hope to be like you someday!!
--Celeste

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home