Gina's blog

Monday, September 11, 2006

Chair positions

Yeah! We took a lot of time today and learned chair positions. It was fun to figure out what surface to clean depending on where you're sitting. It's nice to actually sit down in the chair and start figuring out how to work on a patient. I like the pod I'm in, the girls are all ready to get going and learn and pass off PE's. We have stayed ahead of most of the class as far as passing off PE's. Today at the first of class we also learned how to take blood pressure. All the girls in my pod had taken blood pressures before, but I hadn't I felt like I caught on pretty easily. I had read up on how to do so actually taking someones wasn't very hard. I'd like to maybe take my BP cuff home and practice on family members, just to get it down quicker. My goals right now are to get a little faster at taking BP and pulse and respirations. I don't want my patients to have to sit there for a long time while I do that stuff. The better I get at it the better experience it will be for my patinets.
Gina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home