Gina's blog

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Passing off PE's

Today we learned how to write up a health history and interview a patient. There is a lot to remember on interviewing a patient. It will get easier the more we do it, but doing it today did help to be able to do my case study better. We also learned how to look up perscriptions and write them down on the treatment record. It's going to take a while with our first patients to get eveything written down. Our TA said the appointment times are about 3 hours! Our pod is pretty good, we have really jumped to it and passed off four of our PE's already. I think some pods haven't even done their first PE. I want to really keep up on things such as the PE's so that I don't feel rushed or left behind at any time. The other pods are practicing a lot more on chair positioning and sterilizing of instruments. I think we maybe should do a little more of that in our pod so when the time comes that I have a patient in the chair I feel a little more comfortable. Clinic is nice though, I like the hands on stuff, and I think I'm learning a lot.
Gina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home