Gina's blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday 20

My morning was so frustrating. My patient showed up but didn't want to be seen, she brought her mother. So, long story I started her mom but her BP was way high and so was her blood sugar. We had to excuse her. In the process another student who had a no-show asked the daughter about being seen, and she agreed to be seen. So the patient I originally had scheduled went to someone else and I was left with no patient. What can you do????
My afternoon patient was great. Very nice, full Class II and great for mock boards... until I started to clean her. Even my instructor had a hard time getting her calculus off. Tenacious!! So needless to say I had declared her an exam, which is not good, and I do not want to use her as a board patient. So now I'm still on the look out for mock boards. I guess everything came down to really good learning experiences and hopefully I know how to better handle those situations next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home